Thursday, September 1, 2011

At the Beach in Qingdao


Edit: I was contacted by www.qingdaonese.com who requested to feature some of my photos from my trip to Qingdao on their website. Take a look! http://www.qingdaonese.com/qingdao-photos-kine-at-the-beach



So, the past few days Lotte and I have spent at the beach in Qingdao.

Qingdao is a city in eastern China, and it took us little over five hours by bullet train to get there from Beijing. I would say Qingdao is mostly famous for its beer


We went there, had beer, lay on the beach and both of us got a sunburn. It's a hard life




Do not ask how I did this
All I can say is that
it did not come naturally
and it still hurts today



We kept ourselves intertained, observing Chinese people at the beach

For the most part they sit fully dressed under an umbrella. Or swim in the ocean with their clothes on. Or hide away inside a small tent that they've either brought or rented (what's the point in going to the beach if you're just going to sit inside a small tent?)


Lotte with her ideal white skin
is a popular model
- even at the beach she won't be left alone
I'm considering starting to claim
10 kuai per photo
as her 'manager'



You can imagined how I blended right in.


.. lying on the world's smallest towel
wearing the world's skimpiest bikini

Obviously, I didn't get the memo on the dress code




Doing a little cheer

I don't know what I'm doing here exactly
but it looks very athletic

Sometimes I almost wonder if I've got ADD
I think the other people at the beach were too




I now have a very interesting-looking piece of sunburn-art work on my back, as a result of me insisting on slapping the sun screen (very sporadically) onto myself. Let's just say, I've learned that there's a good reason why you get someone to help you schmear sun screen on those hard-to-reach places. Ouch! Not very attractive

1 comment:

X. said...

Fantastiske sprell på stranda! :D