Sunday, September 23, 2012

Oslo Marathon & Birthday Party



Yesterday I ran the ten-kilometer distance at the Oslo Marathon, named "10 for Grete", honoring Grete Waitz, a Norwegian who was a true pioneer in women's running. Last year she lost her battle with cancer.

 
 My awesome colleague, Trine,
to the far left with two of her girlfriends.
Trine and I kept each other company for
the first 5 km


If you'd told me I'd be running 10 kilometers without croaking six months ago, I'd gag from hysterical laughter at the idea.

It was a great experience, running together with so many people - I  hope to also be joining next year, so that I can improve my time; I finished in 1 hour and 6 minutes, and I know I can do it in 1 hour. Next year!


 Prior to the run, the gym company 'Elixia' provided some seemingly
impromptu warm up
- it certainly did not inspire me to join their gym,
that's for sure



Ten kilometers later:
 



I even got a medal!! (It wasn't just only for the kids)

 


Sure, I had to put it on myself, but so help me God, I got a medal







After the run, I went home, showered, and then Vidar and I went to celebrate:

(It was freezing yesterday, 
no wonder I got sick after the run)

 At IKEA! We bought a new rug for the living room. It's blue.

 IKEA food!
I said "Yes, a lot!!" to the IKEA man
when he asked me whether I wanted
red currant jam with my meal
- as you can see,
he obliged


Today we went to Vidar's momma's house for Vidar's 30th birthday dinner.

I was making a pavlova cake, and hesitant to leave it in the oven by itself, Vidar and I camped in front of the oven while it was baking, so that I could keep an eye on it.

It was completely unnecessary, but our 'picnic' was pretty cosy.

 I'm showing Vidar the first
season of Heroes!



And then we got dressed and headed for his momma's house

 

 Vidar and his brother, Lars
Both very excited 


Vidar thought he was going to a birthday dinner with close family, but in reality it was kind of a surprise party with several of his relatives, and Inger-Lise had even ordered super fancy catering food.



 Yum!


After dinner, I finished assembling my pavlova.



I had excellent assistance, provided by the daughter of one of Vidar's cousins; 12-year-old Karoline


 Nigella ain't got nothing on me!













 My pavlova cake was a hit!



2 comments:

snappish_mel said...

Damn girl, du er skikkelig husmor-emne!!! Flinka altså.

Kiril said...

Hi,I have that medal,maybe you lost it?