Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Buddy Program: Buddy Quiz and Free Brunch

Helene

I bet you're really wondering what my "buddy group" and I've been up to since my last blog post - and I don't blame you, it really is superinteresting.

Without further ado, I'll let you in on it


Yesterday we met up with our buddy group in the evening at the metro station near the joint that they were hosting the big ol' buddy quiz.

Co-buddy Helene, keen to show off one of Norway's great prides, had bought Norwegian milk chocolate to hand out to our awesome international "buddy kids".

Poor people didn't dare to do anything but enjoy it with relish.








If you're wondering, at the university of Oslo there's students coming from abroad from more than 70 different countries. Ironically enough, most of the people in our big buddy group are Germans.

Luckily, I love germans.

Unfortunately, depending on the blood in my alcohol level, I tend to think my Deutsch skills rock, even though I haven't memorized a single German verb since junior high school.

It's limited how far "Ich habe Obstsalat gemacht" will get me. Tsk, tsk.

Anyway, we don't have any Asians in the group. Pity. I'd exchange a German student for Thai or Japanese student any day. No. Yes. Why didn't I study more common languages like German, Spanish or French?


Oh, yeah - yesterday we went to attend a buddy quiz at a place called Chateau Neuf where students in Oslo love to hang out.

More importantly, there were beer and questions about sex.







When I had had enough to drink I was picked up by mr. boyfriend:



This morning I crawled back to campus for a free brunch together with the buddy kids.







Then I met up with Cat.


She was very sad for not being a part of my awesome buddy group.


I can totally understand.

No comments: