Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2nd Day in Kyoto: Exploring Kyoto and Temple-Hopping


Saturday morning I jumped out of bed, excited about being in Kyoto. Kyoto is one of the most famous places in Japan, and it would have been embarassing to return to Norway after almost five months in Japan without paying it a visit.

I bought a 1-day bus pass that costed 500 yen, grabbed a map and off I went, ready to see what Kyoto had to offer.

Temple of the Golden Pavilion
(a Zen Buddhist Temple)


Love these girls




I spent the entire day temple hopping from one place to another. And to be honest, considering that I hadn't done any research beforehand, it soon got a bit old. I don't think temples are that interesting, and besides, they are not that photogenic.


When I was waiting for the train to take me to see the Fushimi Inari shrine, we were informed by the speakers at the station that the train was ten minutes late because someone had killed themselves at the tracks at some nearby station. None of the other passengers waiting even blinked.

Just another day in Japan, I guess.

Fushimi Inari Shrine
Also seen in the movie
Memoirs of a Geisha


Looks good, yeah

By six p.m it was already dark, and I returned to the hostel where Wictoria & Co were staying.


Wictoria

I knew I shouldn't have watched that videotape

Lotte

Heidi is carrying ten weapons at all times

Faceplant!
Some random guy
in the bar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Satt på toget til Oslo (fra Harestua) en gang,fikk beskjed om at noen hadde hoppa foran,og de kjerringene som satt foran meg bare "Å neeei,nå blir for sen til happy hour!" Jeg satt i tlf da,og måtte bare kommentere de syke bimboene.Glad jeg ikke bor i by. -_-